The Provost is the Chief Academic Officer
The Provost oversees matters that affect academic programs, scholarly and creative efforts, service, and outreach involving faculty, students and staff. He also provides leadership for:
- Academic quality
- Institutional accreditation and accountability
- Managing academic appointments, searches, tenure and promotion
- A positive learning environment
The 2014 Academic Affairs Convocation and Concurrent Sessions will take place on August 18th, beginning at 1:30 pm in the Great Hall. Please click here for a flyer with further details about the keynote presentation, and a schedule of concurrent sessions (on page 2) that will run from 3-3:30pm and again from 4:15-4:45pm.
The current edition of Summit the newsletter promoting faculty activities, is available online now
The presentations delivered by Dr. Charles Schroeder at Fall Opening Week 2012 are available below:
- The Role of Academic Leadership in Student Success
- Focusing on Student Success: A Conversation about Quality
- Enhancing Student Success: Lessons from Educationally Effective Institutions
The DEEP (Document Effective Educational Practices) briefs that Dr. Schroeder referenced on the NSSE institute for effective educational practise website.
For the latest information about media events, please visit University Relations.