The fire alarm should automatically activate. If for some reason it does not, the nearest manual pull alarm will be activated by the first person to notice the fire.
When the alarm sounds, everyone will evacuate the building by proceeding to the nearest unobstructed building exit.
- Follow instructor's directions.
- Exit the building in an orderly fashion.
- In the winter get your coat; otherwise, don't waste time.
- Attempts to extinguish a fire should be made only under the following conditions:
- The building has been or is being evacuated.
- Emergency notification has been made.
- You have a partner that will help.
- The fire is confined to its original small area.
- You can fight the fire with your back towards an escape route.
- You have a fire extinguisher, you know how to use it, and it is in working order.
- Close doors and windows on your way out.
- Lightly touch all doors before opening to determine if fire is on the other side.
- Do not go to the roof of the building.
- Assist individuals with special needs.
- Make sure all students have evacuated safely and are accounted for.
- Follow instructions of administrators and the fire department.
ADMINISTRATION: (Campus Fire Marshal)
- Investigate the source of the alarm and confirm that there is, or is not an actual fire.
- If there is a fire, call 911 and report it.
- Shut off utilities as necessary.
- Upon their arrival, advise the fire department of actions you have taken and follow their instructions.
- Gather information; give direction and instructions, as necessary.
- Activate the Command Center if necessary.