CRIMINAL OFFENSES: (CIVIL DISTURBANCE, INTRUDER, HOSTAGE, KIDNAPPING SITUATIONS, ACTIVE SHOOTER)
WARNING: Fire alarm, telephone, or runner.
Follow instructor's direction.
- Lock classroom doors, shut all windows.
- Account for students.
- Follow administrator's instructions.
- At the beginning of a potential or actual situation, obtain the following information:
- Exact location.
- When did the situation begin?
- Who is involved?
- Specifically, what is taking place?
- Identities and number of participants, if known.
- Call 911 and advise.
- Activate Command Center (EOC)
- Advise necessary administrative personnel.
- Isolate the incident and try to contain the disturbance to one area until the Police arrive.
- Do not let other non essential personnel enter the building.
- When the Police arrive, advise them of the situation, actions that have been taken, and follow their instructions. They will assume command.
- When appropriate, resume normal university functions.