Facilities Management


Facilities Management employees who are traveling on University business must have the travel pre-approved by their Director. Approval consists of the director submitting a travel information & justification form with the travelers name, destination, travel dates, purpose of trip, and funding account to the Business Operations office. The full version of the travel information & justification form must be used for most travel situations. The short version can be used in situations where the traveler needs a Travel Authorization for insurance purposes, but no travel costs (besides fuel) will be incurred.

The Business Operations office will process a Travel Authorization and make appropriate transportation (car reservation, airplane tickets, etc.) and lodging arrangements for the traveler. Traveler may pay for lodging using their University-issued purchasing card but not food. No travel advances will be made unless approved by the Vice President for Facilities Management and Planning.