||Cedar City Corporation
- Turns on flashing caution lights along main road to warn motorists of students crossing the road.
- Sets up orange cones in the road by the cross walk.
- Slows down, stops and directs traffic according to established traffic control procedures.
- Directs traffic to stop while students cross the street.
- Insures students are safely across the road.
- Directs traffic to continue.
- Performs the duty of crossing guard during the morning, lunch hour and after school every day while school is in session.
- Instructs students on proper safety procedures and precautions.
- Insures proper maintenance of equipment.
- Replaces old or worn equipment as necessary.
- Informs police department of any problems.
- Requests needed supplies.
- Performs related duties as required
|Number of Openings
||$Approximately $166.00 per pay period
||3 times a day, approximately 2 hours per day.
Safe practices in dealing school children crossing streets.
Local streets and basic traffic rules.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Follow written and verbal instructions.
Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
|Application Procedure /
|Applications are available at the Cedar City Offices Bldg, 10 N. Main Street, Cedar City. (Large building on the northeast corner of Main and University Blvd).
||Friday, March 8, 2013 at 5:00pm