(Links open in a new window/tab)
- Small Business Financing Options & Resources
- SUU’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Helps Southern Utah businesses wherever they are in their life cycle, gain a competitive advantage. Specializes in business planning and improvement services. Offers a large range of counseling, training, and resource access assistance.
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Gives Utah companies the resources necessary to secure government contracts.
- Cedar City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Provides a pro-business culture that helps create sustainable business environments/awareness/opportunities and creates mutually beneficial relationships among business owners. The Chamber supports business opportunities, provides resources, fosters partnerships with the members and promotes a positive image for the business community.
- Utah Science Technology And Research Initiative (USTAR)
- Works with innovators and entrepreneurs in Utah to maximize economic impact of new technologies. USTAR brokers relationships between researchers, investors, entrepreneurs, inventors, and industry experts while offering a wide range of consulting services.
- Institute of Technology & Renewable Energy as a part of USTAR, offers guidance and counsel via a network of state, local and academic resources that allows member companies to evolve from early stage ventures into successful technology businesses.
- "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development (Utah GOED)
- Seeks to provide rich business resources for the creation, growth and recruitment of companies to Utah. Offers many resources in starting and growing a business.
- SUU – School of Business
- Provides information on programs offered to students seeking an education in business/entrepreneurship.
- SUU - Government Relations & Regional Services
- Provides premier educational opportunities both on campus and off; a partner and resource to businesses, communities and governments; a key driver and catalyst for regional economic growth; a source of artistic and cultural enrichment for the region’s residents and visitors; and to build regional pride and identity throughout outstanding sports and recreation programs.
- SUU - Center for Excellence (CIET)
- Provides programs in computer science, engineering, information systems, mathematics, technology, and interdisciplinary studies.
- Southwest Applied Technology College (SWATC) /Custom Fit
- Provides education and job skill training through individualized competency based programs in response to the needs of students, employers and the community.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Assists and empowers eligible individuals with disabilities to achieve and maintain meaningful employment.
CEDAR CITY OFFICE
925 South Main
Cedar City, UT 84720-3726
Phone: (435) 586-9995
Toll-free: (800) 281-9945
FAX: (435) 865-9018
- Utah Department of Workforce Service
- Assists job seekers and employers in finding one another with the ultimate goal of strengthening Utah’s economy.
- Utah Small Business Development Center
- Resource for entrepreneurs for business guidance and education. Works together with regional SBDCs and other business mentoring groups to address a wide range of small business concerns.
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Independent agency of the federal government. Helps start, build and grow businesses.
- Utah.gov – Business
- Excellent resource in starting, relocating, running, or closing a business.