S.U.U. College of Science is pleased to offer Cedar Mountain Science Camp Extreme
What do you get when you mix a lot of science with a lot of outdoor fun? Cedar Mountain Science Camp Extreme! Finally a science camp specifically designed for 7th and 8th grade students*. Join us for 5 days and 4 nights along the San Juan River, near Bluff, UT, for a rafting adventure you won’t soon forget. Along the way we’ll be exploring archeology, geology, biology, chemistry, history and even art! We’ll be learning camping, cooking, rafting, and survival skills. This is sure to be an unforgettable adventure.
(*CMSC Extreme campers must have completed 7th or 8th grade to attend.)
- Trip 1: Monday, May 27th, Leaving from Cedar City at 11:00 am through Friday, May 31st. Get off the river and return to Cedar City by approximately 6:00 pm.
- Trip 2: Sunday, June 2nd, Leaving from Cedar City at 11:00 am through Thursday, June 6th. Get off the river and return to Cedar City by approximately 6:00 pm.
Camp Tuition: $250 ($80 Non-refundable deposit required by Friday March 29, 2013. The remaining $170 will be due by May 10, 2013. Checks or money orders need to be made out to SUU Cedar Mountain Science Center.)
Registration Deadline: April 6, 2013
ONLY 16 SPOTS AVAILABLE PER TRIP
The first 16 applications, with deposits, will get the spots!
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out by April 19, 2012. Additional information will be included with confirmation letter.
- Fees include food, T-shirt, transportation from SUU campus to river and back, supplies for all projects and activities.
- Please remember to check schedules; Summer Games, baseball, soccer, family vacation, etc. prior to committing to camp!
- Spaces are anticipated to fill quickly and will be taken on a 1st come-1st served basis, so, register early!
- Tuition is nonrefundable unless the camp is full. If the camp is full, tuition will be returned. These camps will accommodate 16 students each.
Summer Camp Contacts: