The TEAS® test is a required part of the admission package.
To support you in the admissions process, Ms. Vikki Robertson, SUU Department of Nursing is available to answer any questions you may have concerning the Nursing Program. She can be reached at (435) 586-1906 or e-mail at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding transfer credits or advisement, please contact one of the Walter Maxwell Gibson College of Science & Engineering Academic Advisors; contact information is available at http://suu.edu/cose/advisement.html or call (435) 586-5420.
SUU Nursing Program admission is competitive and based on review of all application materials. To be eligible for Nursing Admission students must have:
- Acceptance to SUU with all transcripts transferred to SUU (a $50.00 non-refundable application fee, $100 Commitment fee & official transcripts are required).
- Completion of the required nursing admission exam (TEAS® “V” by ATI, www.atitesting.com).
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all “Required Support Courses” with no course grade less than a C (C- is not acceptable).
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (cumulative).**
- Completion of the Degree Requirements including General Education Core and Required Support Courses or a maximum of 18 pre-requisite credits left to complete (acceptance will be contingent on the successful completion of any remaining course requirements).
** As admission is competitive, the GPA of the applicants admitted is usually significantly higher than the minimum 3.0 required.
Once the above criteria have been met, you may submit the following information to the Department of Nursing Administrative Assistant, Vikki Robertson:
- Be sure to submit a complete and SIGNED application. Incomplete or unsigned applications will NOT be considered for admission to the Nursing Program!
- Complete, signed and dated Department of Nursing application (see cover letter).
- Attach a current (within six months) personal photograph.
- Receipt for the $20.00 Nursing Application Processing Fee.
- Include a copy of your TEAS® V transcripts/results in the application packet (this includes tests taken at SUU).
- One (1) transcript (unofficial is acceptable) from EACH community college, college, and university you have attended (this includes SUU transcripts).
- Read, understand and sign "Utah Nurse Practice Act Conformity".
- Completed Bulleted List.
- Completed Essay.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation in sealed, signed envelopes or noted that the evaluator is mailing recommendation. It is the application/student responsibility to make sure all three (3) recommendations are received by the Department of Nursing by the application deadline date.
- Completed Nursing Department Advisement Sheet signed by both SUU Academic Advisor and student/applicant.
- Signed Functional Requirement for Student Success Form.
- Non-SUU Students have submitted an SUU application to the Office of Admissions, with all required documentation and fees.
Pre-Licensure applications need to be submitted to the Department of Nursing ON or BEFORE 4:00 PM, September 11, 2015, to be considered for the Spring 2016 semester (Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered for admission to the program). Applicants are notified of the committees’ decision by mail by late October.
RN to BSN applications need to be submitted to the Department of Nursing ON or BEFORE December 11, 2015, to be considered for a May 2016 position. (Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered for admission to the program). Applicants are notified of the committees’ decision by mail in late March.
Please note: it is required that you meet with a SUU Academic Advisor prior to submitting your application. An appointment to complete the Nursing Application Advisement Sheet must be made no less than one week prior to the application deadline date.
Pre-Licensure Application Spring 2016
Pre-Licensure Application Admission Point System
RN to BSN Application Classes Starting May 2016 (Deadline 12/11/2015)
Application Deposit Slip
Application OnLine Payment Option