Southern Utah University
Scholarships & Tuition
Faculty & Staff
Giving to SUU
Faculty, Staff, or Student Directory
A-Z listing of departments
College of Science & Engineering
Agriculture & Nutrition Science
Engineering & Technology
Computer Science & Information Systems
Annual Reports, Newsletters, & Academic Program Reviews
Careers in Technology Education (CTE)
Camps, Workshops & Competitions
Cedar Mountain Science Center
TECS Summer Camp (Technology, Engineering & Computer Science)
Girls Go Digital
Frehner Museum of Natural History
Utah Center for Rural Health
SUU Center for STEM Teaching & Learning
Strategic Plan 2011-2016
I. UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY
Academic Excellence and Distinctiveness
- Ensure high academic standards and rigor
Involvement and Personal Growth
- Shape students intellectually and support their personal growth and development, enabling them to become contributing members of society.
- Our future needs will require additional resources and prudent management of existing ones.
II. WELL-PLANNED, PEDAGOGICALLY SOUND EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Curricula will reflect current disciplinary standards.
- Faculty will utilize the most effective methodology.
- Valued as a means of assuring quality programs.
III. LIFE-LONG LEARNING WILL BE MODELED BY OUR FACULTY BY BEING PROFESSIONALLY ACTIVE AND PRODUCTIVE SCHOLARS IN THEIR FIELDS
- Faculty and staff will be active in their professions.
- Review and address faculty workload issues.