TECS Summer Camp
Monday June 8th - Friday June 12th, 2015
351 West University Blvd.
Cedar City, UT 84720
Students, ages 14-18, in the southwestern region of the United States who are interested in technology, engineering or computer science are invited to come to Southern Utah University for the Technology, Engineering and Computer Science (TECS) Summer Camp. Students will experience “college life” by staying on campus and learning through hands-on experiences from professors and professionals in the field of their choice. It will be a great opportunity to get advanced experience in the field and make new friends. Register today to attend this camp!
The actual cost per student for participation in this camp is over $700, but because of generous support from other sources we are able to make it available to you for $175.00, which includes meals and housing.
Half-Tuition Scholarships are available. Contact Laural Dodgion at firstname.lastname@example.org or (435) 865-8090 for more information.
Registration is now closed.
- Read the course descriptions below and determine which one track suites your interests best.
- Click on the “Registration” link below and complete the form, the last question will ask you which track you want to attend. A non-refundable deposit of $50 is due by April 30, 2015. Full registration fee of $175.00 must be received by May 9, 2015.
Registration | Schedule | Forms | Campus Maps | Packing List | Housing
Camp Faculty and Staff
Computer Science Department Chair, Associate Professor
Phone: (435) 865-8560
Fax: (435) 865-8444
Office: ELC 305
Engineering Technology Department Chair, Associate Professor
Phone: (435) 586-7984
Fax: (435) 865-8077
Office: TH 129A
Electronics Engineering Technology/Mathematics Lecturer
Phone: (435) 865-8253
Office: TH 132
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology Adjunct Faculty
Phone: (435) 586-7977
Integrated Engineering Department Chair
Phone: (435) 586-7989
Office: TH 129B
Academic Enhancement Coordinator
Camp Registration and Scholarships
Phone: (435) 865-8090
Fax: (435) 865-8077
Office: TH 116
Departments of Integrated Engineering, Engineering Technology and Construction Management, and Computer Science and Information Systems
Computer Science Track
- Create apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows phone with Visual Studio
- Learn from Microsoft Professional trainers (the guest presenters this year).
NOTE: As part of this track, students will be able to upload their completed app to the Windows app store. Be advised that, as applicable, SUU will adhere to Policy & Procedures 5.52 Intellectual Property
Electronics Engineering Technology Track
- Design Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) using ORCAD Capture and PCB Editor software.
Integrated Engineering Track
- Learn principles of flight, rocketry, and aerodynamics.
- Use your new-found knowledge to build and fly radio controlled airplanes, helicopters and rockets.
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology Track
- Learn to use 3D CAD Software packages-- including Inventor, SolidWorks, and CATIA V5.
- Discover Architectural Design with Revit and Sketchup.
- Experience the design, evaluation and animation of 3D Mechanical and Architectural design CAD Models
- Use a 3D printer.
- No previous experience necessary.