Graduate Studies in Education

Non-degree Seeking

(includes endorsements and SPED license)

All students intending to take Non-degree seeking classes in the Graduate Studies in Education Department must submit a current Teaching License, official transcripts (except SUU) and one letter of recommendation.

Students must complete all of the course requirements for the specific endorsement as noted below. In some cases, this requires passing the state-approved examination for the endorsement/license. Such examinations are noted in the linked course and requirement lists. The following endorsements are offered through Graduate Studies in Education as noted below:

All of the above endorsements may also be taken as regular coursework or as part of a SUU/School District Professional Development program. In such cases, the completed endorsement can be used as the elective portion Master of Education Degree. A degree in which endorsement courses at the 5000 level are to be used as elective credit, will not be posted until the endorsement shows on the teaching license. Please contact Program Specialist, Rachel Gines at (435) 865-8759.

Up to 12 hours of transfer credit from an accredited institution may be used towards a Master of Education Degree based on the policy requirements for transfer credit.

Once the endorsement/license requirements are met, it is the responsibility of the student to complete the appropriate application process with the Utah State Office of Education, in order to have the endorsement/license added to the current teaching license.