Educational Outreach and Partnerships
The Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education and Human Development at Southern Utah University is committed to building quality collaborative partnerships between school districts, universities, government, and educational agencies in terms of professional development, curriculum development, and instructional delivery.
The College's goals are to fulfill critical areas of need, services, or instructional programs that improve the quality of teaching and learning in schools within Utah and the region. The College of Education is committed to providing such needs, services, and programs in as an efficient and effective manner as possible.
To facilitate this, the Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education and Human Development has developed several strong partnerships with SUU's School of Continuing and Graduate Studies and several state, regional, and national agencies. These partnerships enable the College to provide for its students and faculty with the very best in programs, internships, work opportunities, hands-on learning experiences, and professional development growth.
To date the College has Educational Outreach Programs that include:
- The Northern Utah Collaborative M.Ed. Cohort Program
- State of Utah Endorsement Programs in Reading, ESL, Gifted and Talented, Technology, and Elementary Mathematics
- The Nevada "Center for Teaching Excellence" Program
- The Nevada M.Ed. Cohort Program
- The Master in Sports Conditioning and Performance Program
- The SUU-Southwest Educational Development Center K-16 Regional Alliance
- The Zion Group Alliance for Education
- The Cedar Breaks and Pipe Springs National Monuments
- The Bureau of Land Management
- The SUU Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative
- The SUU Outdoor Initiative
- The U.S. Forest and Park Service (Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks)
- Art Works for Kids
- The Utah Arts Council
- Teacher Education
- Family Life & Human Development
- Graduate Studies
- Physical Education & Human Performance