B.A. Biology and Chemistry with minor in Mathematics at Southern Utah University 1993
Ph.D. Chemistry at the Institute of Molecular Biology, at the University of Oregon 1999
Postdoctoral study with Chris Hill, in the Dept. of Biochemistry at the University of Utah School of Medicine 1999-2002
At SUU since 2002
- Colten D. Bracken, Amber M. Neighbor, Kenneth K. Lamlenn, Geoffrey C. Thomas, Heidi L. Schubert, Frank G. Whitby, and Bruce R. Howard "Crystal structures of a halophilic archaeal malate synthase from Haloferax volcanii and comparisons with isoforms A and G" (2011) BMC Structural Biology, 11:23. doi:10.1186/1472-6807-11-23
- Geoffrey Thomas, Kenneth Lamlenn, and Bruce R. Howard "Crystallization and Preliminary X-ray Diffraction of a Halophilic Archaeal Malate Synthase" (2009) American Journal of Undergraduate Research 8 (2&3), 15-23.
- Brian N. Kelly, Sampson Kyere, Isaac Kinde, Chun Tang, Bruce R. Howard, Howard Robinson, Wesley I. Sundquist, Michael F. Summers, and Christopher P. Hill "Structure of the Antiviral Assembly Inhibitor CAP-1 Complex with the HIV-1 CA Protein" (2007) Journal of Molecular Biology 373 (2), 355-366.
- Ryan VanWoerkom, Andrew Dixon, Rob Oslund and Bruce R. Howard "Identification, Optimization and Preliminary X-ray Diffraction of a New Crystal Form of the N-terminal Domain of the HIV-1 CA Protein" (2007) American Journal of Undergraduate Research 6 (1), 1-6.
- Brian N. Kelly, Bruce R. Howard, Hui Wang, Howard Robinson, Wesley I. Sundquist, and Christopher P. Hill "Implications for Viral Capsid Assembly from Crystal Structures of HIV-1 Gag1-278 and CAN133-278" (2006) Biochemistry 45 (38), 11257 - 11266.
- Bruce R. Howard, Felix F. Vajdos, Su Li, Wesley I. Sundquist & Christopher P. Hill "Structural insights into the catalytic mechanism of cyclophilin A" (2003) Nature Structural Biology 10 (6), 475 - 481.
- Bruce R. Howard, James A. Endrizzi, and S. James Remington "Crystal Structure of Escherichia coli Malate Synthase G Complexed with Magnesium and Glyoxylate at 2.0 Å Resolution: Mechanistic Implications" (2000) Biochemistry 39 (11), 3156 - 3168.