Dr. Rachel Kirk
Ph.D. in Spanish Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, Madrid, Spain
Translation Certification, Georgia State University
Master of Arts in Spanish, Middlebury College
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, cum laude, Cornell College
- Presented A New Chavez at the Grace A. Tanner Symposium on Democracy, Rhetoric, and Language at Southern Utah University, January 2010.
- Presented The Effects of Processing Instruction With and Without Output at the Second Language Processing and Parsing: State of the Science conference at Texas Tech University, May 2009.
- Attended the Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreter Training, May/June 2009.
- Content supervisor to student teachers
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Awarded Best Paper in the Humanitites, Philosophy & Foreign Languages Division by the Utah Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 2012.
- Awarded the grade of cum laude for doctoral dissertation at the Universidad Antonio de Nebrija.
- Instrumental in creating a new mentoring program at Mounds Park Academy, 2007.
- Received recognition as an Outstanding Educator by the University of Richmond, 2001
- Kirk, Rachel W., 2012. "The Father, Hugo Chavez, and the Holy Spirit: Power from oratory." Critical Issues in Justice and Politics, (Vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1-23).
- Kirk, Rachel W. 2012. "The Acquisition of Three Infinitival and Three Conjunctional Phrases: Establishing a hierarchy of difficulty." The Utah Academy of Sciences, Letters, & Arts.
- Barney, S. T., Kirk, R. & Fife, B., 2011. "Interdisciplinary international service-learning: The story of our success." In R. L. Miller, E. Amsel, B. M. Kowalewski, B. C. Beins, K. D. Keith & B. F. Peden (Eds.), Promoting student engagement (Vol. 1, pp. 73-81).
- Kirk, Rachel W., 2011. "A New Chavez," In L. Trepanier (Ed.) Political Rhetoric and Leadership in Democracy. Utah: Southern Utah University Press (pp. 131-150).
- Kirk, Rachel W., ~2011. "The Effect of Processing Instruction With and Without Output," in Advances in Processing Instruction, eds. James Lee, Wynne Wong, Michael Leeser (John Benjamins).
- Kirk, Rachel W., 2007. "'Para' y 'para que' con verbos en infinitivo y subjuntivo: un estudio con alumnos anglófonos." Revista Nebrija de Lingüística Aplicada a la Enseñanza de Lenguas Aplicadas.
- Second language acquisition
- Processing Instruction
- Hugo Chavez
- Language and Identity
| Rachel Kirk |