Writing Center Student Tutoring Appointments
- Because all writers need readers, TUTORS are available in the BC 204 Writing Center for all SUU students 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
- The Writing Center Lab and tutoring will be closed on all campus holidays and the first week of the semester.
- Please also be aware that we close early (at noon) on class days that fall before school holidays.
- We are also closed during Finals Week to allow our student staff the opportunity to prepare for their own final exams and papers.
How to make an appointment
- Book appointments on-line through on-line appointment scheduler (see instructions below)
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Call us at 435-865-8176
- Two tutors are available for on-line scheduling. One additional tutor is available for walk-in ONLY appointments between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. We also accommodate walk-in appointments when our on-line appointment schedule is not filled.
- If you are late, we will hold your appointment 5 minutes before allowing someone else to take your place.
- Although you may sign up for three appointments each week except at the end of the semester, we do limit you to one appointment per day. If you book more than one appointment per day or more than three appointments per week, we will delete the extras and notify you that they have been deleted.
- Because so many students want appointments, during the three weeks before Finals, you may be limited to one appointment per week if demand for our services is heavy at the end of the semester - and it usually is.
- Appointments exceeding one hour are not permitted.
- One hour appointments must start on the hour.
- If your paper exceeds four pages, please sign up for a full hour (two 30 minute appointment slots).
Please come prepared for your tutoring session... You will need:
- A printed copy of your paper.
- Your professor's name.
- Your class and section number.
Important instructions on how to book your appointment
Now you can book your own tutoring appointments through our new on-line appointment scheduler.
- This service is now available using any email account (no longer restricted to Google email).
- You will receive a confirmation email when you make an appointment and you will receive an email reminder 24 hours in advance.
- This automatic scheduler defaults to 30 minute appointments. If you would like to schedule 1 hour, please book two consecutive 30 minute slots.
- Hour-long appointments start on the hour.
- Once a slot is booked, it is no longer visible to others in the scheduling calendar so no one else can select your slot.
- If no appointments are visible in the time you are looking at, it means all appointments are taken in that time slot.
- If you can't come to your appointment, please reschedule it or delete it as soon as possible so someone else can take your place.
STUDENTS: PLEASE DON'T SIGN UP FOR FACULTY COMPUTER LAB APPOINTMENTS.
Click the back button in your browser to come back to this page.