Master of Science in Forensic Science
Admission requirements are:
The University applications should be obtained from the SUU Office of Admissions. Both an online and mail-in application are available (see Website for more).
An outline of the requirements of the admission to the program is as follows:
Admission to the MSFS Program
- A letter of intent describing the following:
- your academic background
- your work experience
- your intentions and desired emphasis area.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in one of the following disciplines:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Related Area
- A minimum of a 3.0 Cumulative GPA (on 4.0 scale) covering the last 60 semester or 90 quarter hours.
- Three Letters of Recommendation or SUU Graduate Recommendation Forms
- One set of official transcripts from each of your previous institutions sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions, SUU, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City, UT 84720
- An official copy of a recent GRE, MAT, GMAT or LSAT score (NOTE: Your initial application can be considered with a self-reported score; however, full admission is contingent upon receipt of the official score).
- An application fee of $60 ($65 for International applicants)
NOTE: If you do not have a degree in one of the specific subjects listed above and are still interested in this degree please contact the program director to evaluate your qualifications. Some related degrees and combinations of courses may qualify you for admission. Admission with special requirements or contingency may be available in unique circumstances. Be prepared to demonstrate how your degree or experience qualifies you for this program.