Fulfill your desire to explore the writing process! SUU’s Creative Writing Program is one of the most popular and successful at the university. Our Creative Writing Program offers invigorating classes, internships and workshops in which you can develop as a writer. The intermediate and advanced classes in poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction and playwriting result in collections of work that prepare our students for a variety of careers in the writing field.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- The program offers publication opportunities through The Kolob Canyon Review , the student-edited and produced literary magazine.
- Our students take classes from award-winning and published writers of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
- Other artists collaborate with our students to produce poetry books, broadsides, readings, choreography, and drama productions.
- Our classes take advantage of our close proximity to the National Parks by including outdoor writing workshops.
- The program has placed students in prestigious MFA and other graduate programs.
Education, Editor, Arts Administration, Journalism, Publisher, Theatre, Copy Editor, Copy writer, Counseling
- In addition to the SUU English Department’s outstanding faculty, students also work closely with visiting writers through annual master workshops in the Creative Writing/Creative Teaching Conference. Students have many opportunities to publicly read and present their own creative work through the Kolob Canyon Review and other venues.
- Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society
- Kolob Canyon Review editorial staff
- Literary Arts Administration Internship
- Community outreach and service learning