Home School Students: Admission Requirements
First-time students (graduating high school within five years prior to attendance) are admitted to SUU based an admission index, which is calculated using the cumulative unweighted high school GPA and highest ACT or equivalent SAT score.
- Apply online and submit all required fees, documents and transcripts by the deadline.
- Application Deadlines: Fall - May 1; Spring - December 1; Summer- One week prior to first day of class
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. A $25 late fee will apply for all applications submitted after the deadline. SUU will accept applications after the admissions deadline, but admission is not guaranteed.
- Submit a transcript of courses taken or GED scores (required for all freshmen including transfer students with fewer than 24 semester hours).
- Submit ACT/SAT test scores (required for all freshmen including transfer students with fewer than 24 semester hours)
- Submit official college/university transcripts for all schools attended
- By completing the admission process, students will be considered for all general scholarships EXCEPT Leadership Scholarships, which must be completed online at the Financial Aid website
- Departmental and talent scholarships have different deadlines and requirements. Contact the individual areas for specific information.
- Scholarship Deadlines:
- First-time freshmen must complete the admission process by December 1st to be considered for general scholarships.
- Transfer students must complete the admission process by February 1st to be considered for general scholarships.