POINTS of DISTINCTION
- The program offers publication opportunities through The Kolob Canyon Review , the student-edited and produced literary magazine.
- Our students take classes from award-winning and published writers of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
- Other artists collaborate with our students to produce poetry books, broadsides, readings, choreography, and drama productions.
- Our classes take advantage of our close proximity to the National Parks by including outdoor writing workshops.
- The program has placed students in prestigious MFA and other graduate programs.
Education, Editor, Arts Administration, Journalism, Publisher, Theatre, Copy Editor, Copy writer, Counseling
- In addition to the SUU English Department’s outstanding faculty, students also work closely with visiting writers through annual master workshops in the Creative Writing/Creative Teaching Conference. Students have many opportunities to publicly read and present their own creative work through the Kolob Canyon Review and other venues.
- Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society
- Kolob Canyon Review editorial staff
- Literary Arts Administration Internship
- Community outreach and service learning