Applicants to the Arts Administration Program must have completed a Bachelor’s degree (or the international equivalent) in a relevant area of the arts, business, or the liberal arts. Students will be required to have a cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for admission consideration.
The following materials must be sent to SUU Admissions by February 15 (Master of Fine Arts) and August 1 (Master of Arts):
- SUU Graduate Programs Admissions application and the $60 fee ($65 for international students)
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended, not including SUU
- Resume including academic, professional, and volunteer experience
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Written Statement of Purpose
Applicants for the Master of Fine Arts Program must present themselves for an interview on-campus or at a professional conference. Applicants are strongly encouraged to interview on-campus and to tour the Cedar City area and the professional affiliate organizations. Please contact the Program Director for specific dates for interviews.
Applicants for the Master of Arts Program (Online) are also encouraged to interview on-campus and to tour the Cedar City area and the professional affiliate organizations, but are only required to have a telephone interview.
The Program Director and the AA Admissions Committee will assess the quality of the applicant based on the following areas:
- Leadership skills as evidenced through the applicant’s undergraduate activities, civic volunteerism, internship with a professional arts organization, and/or a paid professional experience in arts or nonprofit organizations.
- Communications skills as evidenced through a written Statement of Purpose addressing educational and career goals, and (MFA candidates only) a personal interview.