Admission & Interviews
- Earned bachelor’s degree
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Resume of Academic & Professional experience
- Three (3) recommendations (online or written letters)
- Completed application
- Paid $60 application fee ($75 for international students)
- One official transcript from each undergraduate college and/or university attended
- Written statement of purpose
- Interview and acceptance by the Program Director
As evidenced by the materials submitted for requirements, the Program Director and the MFA Applications Screening Committee will assess the quality of the applicant through the following process:
- Identification of leadership skills as evidenced through the applicant's:
- Undergraduate leadership activities
- Civic/Community volunteerism
- Internship with professional nonprofit and/or arts organizations
- Paid professional experience in the arts or nonprofit related work
- Demonstration of communications skills as evidenced through the applicant's:
- Written statement of purpose addressing their intent as well as career goals
- Oral communications in the form of a personal interview (preferred) or telephone interview.
Candidates must present themselves for an interview on-campus, or at a professional conference, at their own expense and be found acceptable to the Program Director. Applicants are welcomed and encouraged to interview on-campus and to tour the Cedar City area and the professional affiliate organizations. For a list of national conferences attended by faculty of the Arts Administration program at Southern Utah University, please check the calendar and call 435-865-8663 for specific conference information and appointment times. When a face-to-face interview is impractical, applicants may schedule a telephone interview.
The application deadline is February 15, and initial offers are made after March 15. Please allow several weeks for items such as transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation to be sent, received, processed, and evaluated. The application fee of $60 is due no later than February 15, and applications are considered incomplete until the fee has been paid. Applicants may pay by check or by credit card through the SUU Cashier's Office at (435) 586-7720.
Applications are available through the SUU Admissions Office at (435) 586-7740, or you can apply online.