Mission & Goals
CPVA Planning Goals and Initiatives 2007-08
Continuing initiatives and activities
- Monitor recruitment and retention programs in each department
- Monitor and enhance marketing/PR plans and audience development
- Monitor enrollment management plans in each department
- Increase the number of faculty professional development grant applications
- Develop and implement a comprehensive alumni relations plans
- Follow up on the accreditation process of all SUU arts departments:
- Complete responses to NASM re-accrediting of Music by May 2008
- Complete responses to NASAD accrediting of Art & Design by May 2008
- Continue developing self-study in Theatre for future NAST accreditation
- Enhance the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery education and community engagement programs by seeking more grant support
- Work with USF to develop strategic alignments with CPVA and the Festival
- Engage in a review of the Fine Arts GE classes offered to maximize resources and curricular effectiveness - In Process
- Develop and seek approvals for new Interior Design BFA major, new BM majors in Music, and a new BFA in Theatre with emphasis areas in acting, musical theatre, and design/technology - In Process
- Develop policies and procedures for managing the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery permanent collection. Appraise its value and develop improved security and storage systems for the collection.
- Submit proposal for Capital Improvement funding request for remodeling in the Multipurpose Center (MC). Scope of work includes new art studio, large open classroom/rehearsal space for Theatre, and creating practice rooms for music students - Completed
- Begin developing concept plans and a draft building program for a new SUU Center for the Arts that will incorporate a new theatre, shops, classrooms, rehearsal space, a larger fine arts gallery (to replace Braithwaite Gallery) and studio space for the Art & Design department on the site of the Auditorium and Adams Memorial Theatre.
- Work with Advancement Office staff to develop and coordinate fundraising plans for CPVA.
- Work with Student Services to assess, plan, and implement a transition of Acclamation and the Ballroom Dance Company to the College of Performing and Visual Arts.