Message from the Dean
Welcome to the School of Graduate & Continuing Studies at Southern Utah University. Our online bachelor and masters programs bring SUU to you in a variety of ways. We offer the following reputable, accredited programs, and internal services:
- The Online Bachelor of General Studies (of either Arts or Science) is a customized program in which the student, in collaboration with and under the guidance of experts in the field of interest, undertakes responsibility for the design of an undergraduate degree with an emphasis in a selected area of study, which reflects the student’s particular personal and professional interests.
- SUU Online™ provides instructional design and technology support to SUU faculty. This includes one-on-one and group training in pedagogy for the use of technology and online learning, online course quality reviews, and development of learning outcomes, assessments, and learning activities. SUU Online subscribes to the national online learning standard: Quality Matters™.
SUU Online also provides teaching and learning technologies such as Canvas, and other tools such as Adobe Connect, TurnItIn, and IVC (televideo).
- Las Vegas (Clark County) Programs. Graduate & Continuing Studies offers various graduate-level (post masters) educational endorsement programs and a master of education, all delivered online.
- K12 Professional Development facilitates courses leading to teacher endorsements, and a variety of professional development courses in subjects like iPad, classroom management, online learning, and many others.
- Concurrent Enrollment delivers SUU courses to high schools students in Southern Utah.
- Graduate School Exam Preparation Classes. Preparation courses are offered as non-credit and fully online. Classes run each semester with sufficient enrollments.
- Online Recruitment. Graduate & Continuing Studies is home to the online learner recruitment team, which invites students to study online and in Cedar City, to earn one of our excellent masters degrees.
Dr. Mark Atkinson
Dean, School of Graduate & Continuing Studies