Service-Learning & Civic Engagement
Public Work and the Academy: An Academic Administrator's Guide to Civic Engagement and Service-Learning, edited by Mark Langseth, William M. Plater, and Scott Dillon (Boston, MA: Anker Publishing, 2004). Copyright by Anker Publishing Company, Inc.
Chapters can be viewed and printed. If you need to rotate the pages just right click on the pdf and select Rotate Clockwise.
- Chapter 1, William M. Plater, "Civic Engagement, Service-Learning, and Intentional Leadership," pp. 1-22
- Chapter 2, Andrews Furco and Barbara A. Holland, "Institutionalizing Service-Learning in Higher Education: Issues and Strategies for Chief Academic Officers," pp. 23-39
- Chapter 3, Edward Zlotkowski and John Saltmarsh, "Service-Learning as Fulcrum of Educational Reform," pp. 41-49
- Chapter 4, Amy Driscoll and Lorilee R. Sandmann, "Roles and Responsibilities of Academic Administrators: Supporting the Scholarship of Civic Engagement," pp. 51-67
- Chapter 5, Jim Ostrow, "Service-Learning and the Problem of Depth," pp. 69-79
- Chapter 8, Robert G. Bringle and Julie A. Hatcher, "Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis: Advancing Civic Engagement Through Service-Learning," pp. 125-145
- Kathleen Rice and Nadinne Cruz at SUU, August 19-20, 2008
- National Campus Compact
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- The New York Times Knowledge Network
- New Online Refereed Scholarly Publication: Journal of Community Engagement and Higher Education