UNIV 1010 Community Engagement Module
Pre-Activity: Before reading or viewing anything related to community engagement, define what you think “community engagement” is in 100 words or fewer.
- Read one article posted on the CEC web site (e.g., an excerpt from The Soul of a Citizen, or Clayton Christensen, “How Will You Measure Your Life?,” or something about service-learning)
- Watch videos about service-learning and community engagement at the CEC web site, Facebook, and Blog pages
- Explore the CEC web site to find out more about Service-Learning Courses
- Explore the CEC web site to learn about Service-Learning Scholars
- Explore the CEC web site to find out more about
- Do one (1) of the following:
- Visit the Community Engagement Center
- participate in at least one event sponsored by the CEC such as “Bread & Soup Nite”
- participate in an event sponsored by the Service Learning Community in the SUU Residence Halls
Post-Activity: After you have completed 1-6 above, revise your definition of “community engagement” in 100 or fewer words. Label your definitions “before” and “after,” combine them into a single document, post them into your ePortfolio, and squawk like a chicken.