Freshman Out-of-State Scholarships
- Priority Deadline - All Fall 2014 applicants who have completed the admissions process (application, fee, high school transcripts, and ACT/SAT scores) will be considered for scholarships. In order to be considered for an academic scholarship you must complete the admissions process by December 1. New freshman non-resident scholarships include:
- President's Non-Resident Four Year Renewable Scholarship -$17,000 per year
- Founders' Non-Resident Four Year Renewable Scholarship - $11,500 per year
- Deans' Non-Resident Four Year Renewable Scholarship - $9,500 per year
- Centurium Non-Resident Four Year Renewable Scholarship - $5,500 per year
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Four Year Renewable Scholarship - $9,500 per year
Are you a nonresident student? Did one or both of your parents or grandparents graduate from SUU? If so, you may be eligible for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship. Students who qualify may have the nonresident portion of their tuition waived. To qualify, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be admitted and enrolled as a first time, nonresident student within the Utah state system of higher education
- Have at least one parent who graduated with an associate's degree or higher from Southern Utah University (Southern Utah State College, College of Southern Utah, etc.)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA while at SUU
Please note: The time you spend at SUU on the Alumni Legacy Scholarship cannot be counted towards obtaining residency. For more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships at (435) 586-7735.
Alumni Legacy Scholarship awards are limited and will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Specific legislation regarding the Alumni Legacy Scholarship