Faculty Web Grade Submission
Go to the University home page: www.suu.edu
Click on “mySUU Portal” in the top left hand corner
- Login in using your username and password
- This will be the same username and password that you use to log onto your computer.
Select a Course to Grade
- Click on the “Faculty” link in the Banner Self-Serve window (located in the lower left hand corner)
- Note - this is not the Faculty tab at the top of the page
- Click the “Final Grades” link
- Select the term (ex.:“Summer Semester 2013”) from the drop-down menu
- Click the “Submit” button
- Select the course you wish to grade from the drop-down menu
- Click the “Submit” button
If the course you wish to grade is missing from your list, or if the phrase “You Have No Assigned Sections for This Term” appears, please contact John, Cathlyn or Sheila in the Registrar's Office (contact information below)
- NOTE - you will have 30 minutes to enter grades each session. The session time clock resets each time you “Submit” grades. Please submit often *
- Use the drop-down menu next to the student’s name to select the appropriate grade
- F vs. UW grades:
- A UW grade indicates that the student did not attend your course or did not complete enough work to be evaluated for a letter grade. YOU MUST ENTER THE LAST DATE OF ATTENDANCE when assigning a UW, formatted as MM/DD/YYYY. If the student never attended the course, please enter the first date of class.
- An F grade indicates that the student completed the course and earned a failing grade. YOU MUST ENTER THE LAST DATE OF ATTENDANCE when assigning an F, formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.
- An asterisk “*” next to a grade indicates a Non-College Level Course.
- Ensure that you enter all grades on all pages. (The links for pages or record sets are above and below the roster.)
- Click “Submit” frequently to save your work
* If you have large grade rosters and/or are often interrupted, you may save your grades by clicking on “Submit” after every few grades entered. You may continue to update or change grades until the submission deadline. After the deadline grades will be “rolled” or set on the students’ permanent academic records—indicated by a “Y” next to the roster grade box. After the grade submission deadline an instructor must submit a grade change card to the Registrar’s Office to make grade adjustments. Please double-check your work and save before signing-off.
Please note that “I” grades may not be entered via the web. They must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office in writing.
The grade of “T” or “NR” is available for graduate capstone/thesis courses for students who do not complete course requirements within the term dates. Please see policy 6.13 Grading for more information.
If you would like to verify the submission of all your grades prior to leaving campus, have any questions, or need assistance, please contact Enrollment Services at x-7740.
John Allred email@example.com
Cathlyn Allred firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheila Johnson Johnson_s@suu.edu