Class of 2013 Graduation Schedule
Thursday, May 2
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Graduation Fair - SUU Alumni House (300 West University Blvd.)
- Pick up your cap and gown
- Collect honors medallions/cords
- Register with the Alumni Association
- Enjoy refreshments and one last visit with friends and professors before leaving campus
Friday, May 3, 2013
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Graduation Fair - SUU Alumni House (300 West University Blvd.)
11:00 a.m. - University Commencement Processional Line-up - Upper Quad
All SUU graduates, dressed in cap and gown, should report to the following locations to participate in the formal commencement processional that will march across campus and into the University-wide ceremony (see lineup locations):
- Business Students: south side of the Adams Theatre
- Education Students: east entrance of the Teacher Education Building
- Humanities & Social Sciences Students: northeast corner of the Braithwaite Building
- Performing & Visual Arts Students: northeast corner of the Music Building
- College of Science and Engineering: south sidewalk bordering the Upper Quad
- Master's Degree Candidates: northwest corner of the Adams Theatre
- Associate Degree Recipients: northeast corner of the Braithwaite Building (you are part of the College of HSS)
- Success Academy Graduates: south sidewalk bordering the Upper Quad (you are part of the College of Science and Engineering)
In case of inclement weather, lineup will be in the Sharwan Smith Student Center.
Noon - University-wide Commencement Ceremony - Centrum Arena (109 South 800 West)
The main Commencement ceremony is a formal celebration for all SUU graduates, guests, faculty and staff. This ceremony features SUU's keynote commencement speaker, the awarding of this year's honorary doctorate degrees, an address from SUU President Michael T. Benson, the formal moving of the tassel, an address from the Class of 2013 student speaker and special recognition of select students, faculty and staff.
- All associate's, bachelor's and master's degree candidates are expected to attend unless excused by the Registrar's Office (435.586.7715).
- Graduates should march into the ceremony in cap and gown with their respective colleges as part of the formal processional across campus.
- No tickets needed - celebrate with all your family and friends.
1:30 p.m. - Graduation Celebration - Multipurpose Quad
Visit with your classmates and professors one last time before leaving campus and join with the entire Thunderbird community in celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2013.
- All graduates and their guests are invited
- Free to all those celebrating the Class of 2013
- Live entertainment and refreshments
Friday, May 3, 2013 & Saturday, May 4, 2013
Individual College Convocations
You will individually walk across the stage and receive your diploma at your college's individual convocation ceremony. There, you will sit in a group with your fellow graduates after marching in as a class and will be recognized individually in front of your family and friends.
All graduates should line up 1 hour before the start of their college convocation.
- Friday, May 3, 2013
- 3 p.m. College of Education, Centrum Arena
- 3 p.m. College of PVA, Randall L. Jones Theatre
- Saturday, May 4, 2013
- 9 a.m. College of Science & Engineering, Centrum Arena
- 11 a.m. School of Business, Centrum Arena
- 1 p.m. College of HSS, Centrum Arena