Frequently Asked Questions
- How many credits do I need to be a full-time student?
- How do I schedule a campus tour?
- How do I get more information about SUU?
- How do I apply to SUU?
- How much does it cost to go to SUU? What about financial aid?
- I’ve been accepted to SUU. What do I do next?
- Do I need to take a placement test?
Meeting with your Academic advisor
- Who is my advisor?
- How do I contact my advisor?
- How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
- How often should I see my advisor?
- What are "Walk-Ins"?
- What should I bring to my appointment?
- Can my advisor answer questions about financial aid?
- Can my advisor answer questions about housing?
Types of degrees
Classes & Grades
- What is a prerequisite and corequisite?
- Can I retake a class?
- How do I calculate my GPA?
- What does a 'W' or 'UW' or 'I' on my transcript mean?
- What's the deal with summer classes?
- What online courses are available?
- Where do I see my grades?
- Can I take more than 18 credits a semester?
- Which math class do I start in?
- Which English class do I start in?
- How do I get on the Deans' List?
- What do I do if I got an 'F' in a class I thought I dropped?
- How do I appeal a grade I received?
- Can I get degree credit for a graduate level course?
- What should I do if I am struggling in a course?
- What is an elective and how many do I need?
- What are GE courses? Why do I need them?
- Should I complete GE and EDGE courses before staring my major?
- Can classes required by my major also count as GE courses?
- Will I receive a mid-term grade?
- Advanced Placement & International Baccalaureate
- FLATS, CLEP, & Testing Out
- Transfer Credit
- How do I register for classes?
- Where do I get a class schedule and a catalog?
- When do I register for classes?
- What is a RAC?
- What is an add/drop form and when do I need to use it?
- What do I do if the class I want is full?
- Can an advisor add me to a full class?
- Info about 'Dropping' & 'Withdrawing' from one or more classes
- What does it mean if I have a 'hold' or 'error' on my account?
- How do I run a DegreeWorks audit?
- How do I run a 'What-If' scenario?
- Who do I contact if there’s an error on my DegreeWorks?
- My transfer classes/credits aren’t showing up on DegreeWorks. What’s wrong?
Majors & minors
- How do I choose a major? What if I am undecided about my major?
- When and how should I declare a major?
- How do double majors and double minors work?
- Can you tell me about how minors work?
- How can I find out about the requirements for my major or minor?
Probation (academic & Financial Aid)
- What is Financial Aid probation? How do I appeal it?
- Will I have to fill out a Financial Aid Suspension Appeal every semester?
- What is academic probation? How do I get off it?
- I’m on academic probation. Are there restrictions in what I can take?
- I’m off academic probation but I’m still limited to 14 credits. How do I fix this?
Deferments & Taking Time off
- What if I want to take time to do military or chuch mission work?
- How do I withdraw from SUU due to unforeseen circumstances?
- Can I get a full refund if I need to withdraw from the semester?
- Do I need to re-apply to the university if I have been away from SUU for an extended period of time?
- I am returning from a leave of absence. What do I need to do to register for classes?
- How many credit hours do I need to graduate?
- How do I see how I am progressing toward graduation?
- What is the GPA needed to graduate with honors?
- Can I graduate with a bachelor’s degree in less than 4 years?
- How many credits do I need to complete at SUU in order to get an SUU degree?
- How do I apply for graduation?
- How many graduation ceremonies are there per year?
- Can I "walk" at graduation if I lack a few credits?
- Do I have to “walk” at graduation?
- When and where will I receive my diploma?
- I have a learning disability. How can I get help?
- How do I find out about Study Abroad?
- Where do I go for pre-health advising?
- Where do I go for pre-law advising?
- What resources are available for minority and international students?
- What resources are available for first generation students?
- How do I get a tutor if I need one?
- How can I get more information on the EDGE program?
- Where can I go to receive personal counseling?