SUU Community Engagement Center
417 W. 200 S.
Dr. Earl Mulderink Director
Pam Branin Associate Director
Veronica Cazares Administrative Assistant
Gabrielle Strand AmeriCorps Program Specialist
Pat Palmer AmeriCorps VISTA
Apply or nominate honorees in the categories below.
To apply or nominate honorees for the annual Utah Campus Compact Statewide Recognition, please provide a brief summary, including the candidate's name and contact information, as well as examples of how the candidate meets the listed criteria. Submit the required information via email to Earl Mulderink, firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Friday, March 29, 2013.
- Civically Engaged Scholar
- Experience in using service-learning as a successful pedagogy
- Innovation in employing reflective strategies to connect students' service with academics
- Evidence of academic civic engagement through teaching, community-based research, or promotion of service-learning on campus or in one's discipline
- Civically Engaged Staff Member
- Shows leadership in advancing community engagement as a critical component within their higher education institution
- Forms innovative campus and community partnerships
- Engages, models, or influences students to be involved in community service and/or service-learning
- Civically Engaged Student
- Demonstrates commitment to building or enhancing campus-based efforts to address community needs
- Leads, inspires and engages other students, members of the institution or community
- Demonstrates efforts to sustain their work through developing strategies for institutional and community commitment
- Committed Community Partner
- Strengthens community involvement at SUU
- Provides meaningful service and learning opportunities for SUU students
- Enhances their agency mission/programs/goals by partnering with SUU
Award winners will be recognized at the Community Engagement Center's annual Thank You Reception and Recognition Event on Wednesday, April 17, 4 pm in the Sharwan Smith Center Starlight Room.