Research and Scholarship Defined
UGRASP at Southern Utah University defines undergraduate research and scholarship as those inquiry-based activities/projects which satisfy the following criteria:
- The project must make an original intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline
- Students must demonstrate at least partial ownership of the project.
- The student must engage with the academic history of the discipline in which they are working.
- The project must be presentable in the format accepted by professionals within the discipline in which the student is working.
To satisfy the last criteria, students may disseminate the results of their project/activity via any of the following methods:
- Department symposium
- SUU’s annual student-faculty scholarship week
- Local, Regional, National, or International conference/meeting/expo
- Campus publication
- Off-campus publication (not peer-reviewed)
- Off-campus publication (peer-reviewed)