The Honors Program
The SUU Honors Program provides enrichment opportunities for exceptionally talented, creative, and academically committed students in a friendly, informal and interdisciplinary undergraduate experience. The program connects students with SUU's best faculty through small classes and participation in out-of-class activities. Students learn in a collaborative environment where their ideas and research matter.
Benefits of joining the Honors Program include:
● An energetic and passionate learning community.
● Small class size (20 students or less).
● Select honors courses taught by select faculty.
● On-campus housing in the Honors Living Learning Community (limited scholarships available).
● Honors Commons, computer lab and study area in the university library.
● Undergraduate Research Grants to assist in academic and/or creative projects.
● Participation in honors academic and cultural extra-curricular activities.
Honors students that are fully engaged, earn 21 credit hours of honors course work and complete an Honors Experiential Education project or Honors Thesis will graduate with University Honors. This nationally recognized distinction indicates the student has completed an enhanced and challenging undergraduate experience.